The Lawyers’ Assistance Program provides speakers for judges, law firms, bar associations, law schools, and other organizations at no cost.
All LAP CLEs meet the criteria, unless noted, for the new Illinois Continuing Legal Education Mental Health and Professional Responsibility credit requirement.
You can choose from any of the in-person training options listed below. LAP can also tailor its presentations to fit your organization’s needs or increase CLE length and credits.
As we are a not-for-profit, travel reimbursement is required. Donations are appreciated; information will be provided for LAP’s Donor Recognition Program or individual presentation donations. All donations are tax deductible.
LAP strives to serve the legal community in every way possible, met with increasing demand for presentation services, scheduling priority is given to donors and ensuring we are meeting the needs under our mission throughout the entire state.
1. Resiliency in the Age of COVID19 (1 Credit Hour)
2. Fear No Evil: COVID19 Driven Anxiety (1 Credit Hour)
3. Recognizing Impairment Issues During COVID19 (1 Credit Hour)
LAP PRESENTATION MENU
1. The Mindful Attorney (1 Credit Hour)
2. The Jaded Judge (1 Credit Hour)
3. The Jaded Lawyer: Compassion Fatigue & Burnout (1 Credit Hour)
4. Your Best Thinking in the Worst Situations: Improving Decision Making Under Stress (1.5 Credit Hours)
5. Recognizing, Understanding, and Referring a Colleague in Need (1 Credit Hour)
6. Legal Competency (1 Credit Hour)
7. Impairment Proofing Your Firm: A Balancing Act: Supporting Lawyers While Protecting the Firm (1 Credit Hour)
8. Civility: Difficult People & Conversations in the Workplace (1 Credit Hour)
9. Compassion Fatigue: Sustaining the Professional Self (1 Credit Hour)
10. How to Create Work-Life Balance (1 Credit Hour)
11. The Path to a Successful and Satisfying Law Career (1 Credit Hour)
12. The Opioid Epidemic: Should the Legal Community be Concerned (1 Credit Hour)
13. The Mindful Law School Leader (No Credit)
14. The Future Lawyer, Increasing Well-being in the Profession (No Credit)
15. Maladaptive Perfectionism (1 Credit Hour)
16. Resiliency in the Face of Adversity (1 Credit Hour)
17. Stress in the Workplace: The Impact it has on Our Thinking (1 Credit Hour)
18. Imposter Syndrome (1 Credit Hour)
19. Vicarious Trauma and Compassion Fatigue: Why the Work We Do Impacts Us (1 Credit Hour)
Requests for Presentations
Mental Health & Substance Use Evaluations, Referrals & Supportive Services
Illinois LAP helps lawyers, judges and other legal professionals with mental disorders. This can be anything from anxiety, or drug and alcohol use problems, to stress, depression, and other issues.
If you’re suffering from any of these disorders, don’t hesitate to contact Illinois LAP today. We offer many different mental health services that are sure to help you in your time of need.